Saturday, June 30, 2007

Every Friday by Dan Yaccarino

What a sweet book to share with a dad! In this father / son tale a boy and his dad share with the reader their weekly tradition of having breakfast together every Friday. There is even an author's note at the beginning explaining that the author has taken his son to breakfast every Friday since his son was three years old!

When I was in kindergarten, I remember a similar tradition I had with my mom...we would go out to lunch every Wednesday and I got to pick the place. For some reason, I really loved a good cheeseburger (I still do today!) so we would inveritable go to a fast food joint and have fries and a burger. I don't know if I'd choose the same places today (I'm a little more health conscience now that I'm not 5) but I still remember that tradition we had. The illustrations in this book are reminicient of the 50's including such details as a milkman, an egg cup, and cars with 50's type details. A very cute book for sharing with someone you love!