Tuesday, June 26, 2007

17 Things I'm not Allowed to do Anymore

The protagonist of this simple but hilarious book presents 17 examples of things she's not allowed to do anymore, mostly because they are all things considered to be naughty (like showing her underpants to a boy, disrupting class at school, and glueing her brother's slippers to the carpet as shown on the cover). I especially like how she's not allowed to give the gift of califlower anymore. Very hilarious!

As a middle child, there were often things I wasn't allowed to to either. For example, after leaving the glue gun sitting on my mother's ironing board with the power on, I wasn't allowed to use the glue gun anymore. After using house paint on my mother's cutting board, I wasn't allowed to use house paint anymore (or touch my mother's kitchen things.) And after cutting my own hair (when it was halfway down my back) I wasn't allowed to use scissors anymore.

The pictures in this funny book add so much to the story. Would that we all could be rendered so artistically when we are creating mischief!